Texting isn’t the only path to distracted driving, Here are some other dangerous behind-the-wheel activities:Continue reading...
Allied Insurance Managers would like to personally wish you Happy Thanksgiving coming up! Although the meaning of Thanksgiving can be very different for each individual we like to think of Thanksgiving as a time to give thanks for all you are blessed with in your life. This could include your health, your family, or your job. Thanksgiving can be a special opportunity this year to set aside all worry and stress and just focus on the good in our lives and draw close to family and friends. Check out what a few Allied Insurance Members employees are thankful for this year!
I am thankful for my family, having good health, a great job, and that the election is over – Chris Beardslee
This Thanksgiving I am most thankful for my family, meaningful friendships, good health and a great job where I get to work with so many amazing people who are like family here at Allied – Jayson Bass
This season I am thankful for my family, health, great co-workers and owners at Allied Insurance Managers – Paul Kosmal
Eight Tips to Avoid Claims During Thanksgiving
Allied Insurance Managers would also like to help make your Thanksgiving holiday stress free and safe. Many families have to travel during this holiday. Here are eight simple tips to avoid insurance claims during your Thanksgiving travels.
- Shut off appliances such as the dryer, dish washer, or washing machine before traveling
- Close and lock all doors and windows as well (Consider investing in a deadbolt lock)
- Set alarms before leaving because monitoring alarms could detect a burglary or fire
- Timers for lights should be turned on if you have them to make the home appear active
- Turn off water to hoses, this way if a hose does break a flood will be avoided
- Don’t make your travels known on social media and invite intruders to your home
- Consider wrapping your pipes to avoid bursts pipes and don’t turn your heat off completely
- Keep confidential and important papers safely stored with a safe deposit box or within a fire proof safe
We hope these simple tips help you avoid insurance claims during this Thanksgiving holiday. Allied Insurance Managers office will be closed over the holidays for the following dates:
- November 24th & 25th closed
- December 23rd closed
- December 26th closed
- December 30th closed
We understand that emergencies and issues do arise. In the event that we are closed when you need to reach an Allied Insurance Managers agent you may use our Report A Claim page to reach your carrier and report a claim online.
Once again, have a happy and safe Thanksgiving on behalf of Allied Insurance Managers.
Simple (and effective!) ways to stay safe behind the wheel:Continue reading...
The Michigan Restaurant & Lodging Fund finishes the year with the largest return in its history as solid performance continues. The participants of this highly successful self-insured workers’ compensation program will be receiving another substantial return of profit. On its 25th renewal, the Fund was approved to distribute $6,210,000 of profit back to its members, which brings the total profits returned to over $62,000,000 since the Fund’s inception. In addition, the Fund has decreased manual rates for all class codes, a true indicator of the excellent performance of its members.
Michigan Businesses with a majority of their payroll in the following classes can be eligible:
- Delis, sandwich shops
- Coffee shops
- Fast food
- Casual dining
- Fine dining
- Banquet facilities
- Hotels, motels, inns (franchised & non-franchised)
For more information or a quote, please call us at (248) 853-0930