Spring Home Maintenance Checklist
You may have already done your usual spring cleaning, but there’s still some things in your home that need your attention.
To make sure you’re keeping your home safe and regularly maintained, go through this spring checklist:
- Check the Roof— Look for missing shingles. You can use binoculars if it’s hard to see and you don’t want to climb up on your roof.
- Clean the Gutters and Downspouts— Leftover leaves and other materials can make it difficult for your gutters and downspouts to remove water efficiently.
- Check Sprinklers— Spring is a season for new growth. Your yard and plants can’t get water if your sprinklers aren’t running properly.
- Check All Outdoor Concrete— You don’t want to fall or cause someone else to get hurt on your property for not making sure your concrete isn’t lifting, shifting, and cracking.
- Examine Windows, Doors, and Seals— Caulk them if necessary. Be sure to check for holes in your window and door screens.
- Check Woodwork— This includes railings, fences, trellises, and your deck. Make sure the wood isn’t damaged or rotting.
- Check Your Basement— Spring often has a lot of storms, which can cause flooding. You’ll want to check your basement for damage periodically.
- Check Smoke Detectors— Did you remember to add new batteries to your smoke detector?
- Check Your HVAC Filter— A dirty filter will wear down your AC sooner than it has too.
- Check Furnace Filter— If you want to keep your furnace running efficiently, keep your filter cleaned regularly.
- Check Your Paint— Do you see any cracked or chipped paint? It’s a good time to do a paint touch up.
- Prep Your Lawn Equipment— Summer will be here sooner than you know it. Make sure your lawn equipment is working and gets all proper repairs.
- Flush Your Water Heater— This will help remove buildup, so your water heater can continue to run as it should.
- Check Dryers— Clean out the lint filter and the dryer vent.
- Check Your Outdoor Grill— Planning an outdoor barbecue? You might want to make sure your grill is cleaned and functional before use.
- Clean Refrigerator Coils— Your refrigerator won’t operate properly if the coils aren’t cleaned regularly.
We want you to enjoy your home as much as possible during the spring season.
We hope this checklist helps you achieve the proper maintenance needed for supporting a safe and healthy home.
Click here to download this checklist.